This passage offers two signs that you’re growing up in Christ: 1) you’re growing in your ability to take in God’s wisdom and 2) you’re growing in the fruit of the Spirit.
- Take some time to catch up together.
- Read the passage together.
- Comb the passage and list all the information you can find about the Corinthian Christians.
- Based on this passage and the verses before it, what are the differences between “spiritual people” and “people of the flesh”?
- What does Paul mean by “milk” and “solid food” in verse 2? What other passages of Scripture shed light on this?
- Why were they “not ready for” solid food?
- What can a Christian do to become ready for solid food? In other words, what is our part in the “growing up” process? What other passages shed light on this?
- What signs of spiritual immaturity do you see in yourself? Your House to House group? Our church?
- What signs of spiritual maturity do you see in yourself? Your group? Our church?
- What would our church look like if we were all mature, “spiritual people”?
- Take some time to pray together in light of these things.