Wisdom is knowing the thoughts of God as revealed by the Holy Spirit and imparted in the words of the Bible.
12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. 13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual. (ESV)
- Take some time to catch up.
- If you could gain the full wisdom of God himself in regard to one aspect of your life or one situation you’re facing right now, what would it be?
- Read 1 Corinthians 2:6-16. What clues in this passage help us understand the content of “the wisdom of God?” In other words, what exactly is this wisdom?
- According to the passage, how does one gain access to the wisdom of God?
- Think back to your answers to question number two. What passages of scripture might reveal God’s thoughts on those subjects?
(For example, if the subject is abortion, what passages help us understand God’s thoughts on a woman’s right to control her own body, when personhood begins, what to do with an “unwanted” pregnancy, how Christians should minister to those in desperate situations, etc.?)
Use the rest of your time to explore God’s words for God’s thoughts on the various subjects brought up in question two, discussing how God’s wisdom applies to these areas of your lives.
- Pray over these things together.