1 Corinthians 1:26-31
God glorifies himself through the demographic make-up of the church.
- Read the passage together and share briefly what stands out to you and why.
- Considering the context of 1 Corinthians 1, why does Paul want the Corinthian Christians (and us) to “consider your calling?” What does such consideration have to do with what he’s been writing about?
- Based on this passage, what are some of God’s goals as the Builder of the church? How well do our church efforts align with God’s goals?
- Are you drawn to any “celebrity pastors” (preachers, authors, speakers with large followings)? Which ones? Why? How does 1 Corinthians 1 influence the way you think about these people?
- Do you ever feel pressure to be awesome as a Christian? How does 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 influence your thinking here?
- Do you ever feel pressure to make Dulin’s Grove look better to the world? In what ways? How does this passage influence your thinking here?
- What difference do you think it would make if we aligned our efforts in being the church more closely with God’s goals in building his church? What might change? How might we begin to grow in these areas?
- Do you feel that we are growing more passionate about God’s glory in Jesus as a church? How can you tell? What can we do to cultivate this passion as individuals? As a House to House group? As a church?
- Pray over these things together.