The church is imperfect, but has been given a holy calling and everything necessary to fulfill it.
- Comb verses 1-9, listing everything you learn about the Corinthian church.
- Scan the book of 1 Corinthians (you can just look at the headings if your Bible has them to save time) and list some additional things you learn about the Corinthian church.
- How do Paul’s introductory remarks about the church compare to the rest of his letter based on these lists? What can we learn from this?
- Going back to verses 1-9, what all does Paul say about Jesus? Based on this, what had Jesus done (and what would Jesus do) for the Corinthian church?
- With all of this in mind, let’s think about our church. What imperfections do you most notice about Dulin’s Grove? Try to focus on scriptural convictions, not personal preferences.
- Using verses 1-9 and your knowledge of the rest of the Bible, what calling has God placed on us as a church?
- What are some specific, doable steps forward we can take as a church to address our imperfections and fulfill our calling? As a House to House group? As an individual?
- Take some time to pray together.