He sleeps and rises night and day, and the seed sprouts and grows; he knows not how.
28 The earth produces by itself, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear.
29 But when the grain is ripe, at once he puts in the sickle, because the harvest has
come.” (Mark 4:26-29 )
1. What is to be learned about the Word from the two parables, the Parable of the
Sower and the Parable of the Growing Seed?
2. Has there been a time in your life where the Word has worked on you both day
3. How is the maturing process of our growing as a Christian like the stages of
growth as described in verse 28?
4. How do you deal with the mysteries or the unexplainable elements of your faith
as a Christian?
5. What are some of the things we can do to contribute to the favorable conditions
of growth in our own spiritual lives?
6. What can we do to help others grow in their knowledge and faith in Christ?
7. What is the evidence of a fruitful life, a mature life in Christ?
8. What does this parable say about evangelism?
Mystery is not the absence of meaning, but the presence of more meaning than we can
comprehend. (Dennis Covington)